Rail Electrification Designer
Rail Electrification Designer (R.E.D) is a 3D information modelling environment for Overhead Line Electrification projects.
R.E.D produces BIM level 2 and 3 design deliverables in record time vastly increasing the quality and productivity of your design team. Running within Bentley Systems’ Microstation CAD platform, R.E.D will seamlessly integrate with existing design workflows, industry standard electronic document management systems and existing models.
How it works
An intuitive and user-friendly interface promotes easy and rapid model updates – ideal for interdisciplinary design review and multi-disciplinary, multi-stream workflows. It is appropriate for all GRIP stages 1-8, from output definition, right through construction staging works to scheme handback and project close-out.
- Model are lightweight and CAD compliant, to user configured options.
- Models are geo-spatially correct and fully render-able 3D solids.
- Simple yet flexible reporting mechanism, e.g. BOQ/BOM, dropper schedules.
- GIS data aware, e.g. import existing ground profiles.
- Real-time interactive design process.
- R.E.D. encapsulates the significant knowledge of Balfour Beatty in the OLE domain.
- In continual in-house development to keep abreast of changing standards and ranges.
- Extensible for any design range.
- Proven commercial success, including delivering to Network Rail.